I decided to skip the whole rice cereal with my son as a first food. After much research I found that firsts and vegetables would be a better option. I also avoid giving my son foods that contain fillers and additives. When my son turned 9 months old I decided to introduce rice into my his diet to add a bit more texture to his meals. This is when I began experimenting with short-grain brown rice. Brown rice also provides great nutrients, such as: Vitamin B, iron and fibre.
- 1/4 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 cup water
- Place the brown rice in a blender or food processor and grind until you have a finely ground powder, about 1 minute.
- Bring the water to a boil and add in the brown rice powder while stirring.
- Reduce heat, simmer, and continue to stir until the water has evaporated and the rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm and watch your little one enjoy!